Hi Canberra Brown Owls!
Our next parliament of owls will be on Sunday March 22 from 2 pm to 4.30 pm, at the Downer Community Centre (enter from Frencham St, Downer). To cover the cost of the hall, we are asking for a $6 contribution per month. See the bottom of this post for the other Brown Owls dates!
The prefects have put their collective owly heads together and decided to hold a stitching tea party for our second meet! There will be tea and coffee and tasty treats, and stitching to be done.
Stitching hankies is a good place to start. We will have a heap of books and stitchery patterns for you to trace, or you can bring your own patterns from the internet or your home library! If you like, we can make up a kit for you for a few dollars (to be advised) with a blank lady's hankie, some embroidery floss and some needles. Just give me a week's notice so I can rustle something up for you.
Of course, you're not limited to hankies! You might like to bring along a blank pillowslip to stitch, or a shirt! We recommend stitching something white to start off with, though, as it's easier to trace! There will be a lightbox there for you to use.
Maybe you want to bring your own patterns along? Sublime Stitching patterns are great - you can either trace them or iron them on (great for the darker colours!), and you can order some online here or here. There are also a couple of online sites which offer free stitchery patterns. Do a google search to see what you can come up with!
So here's what you do -
- Comment on this blog post to let us know you are coming and if you would like a kit made up for you
- Bring a plate of teatime goodies to share if you would like to.
- Bring a small embroidery hoop, a pencil, embroidery floss, embroidery needles and the thing you want to stitch, unless you would like a hankie kit! Bring your stitchery patterns too if you have them!
- Bring change for your tea and coffee
- Your kids are welcome of course! Bring some stuff for them to do, though. There is plenty of space for their crafting or activities, and a little area for running around outside.
We're looking forward to seeing all the lovely Canberra Brown Owls again!
Canberra meets for the rest of the year. Time is 2.00 to 4.30pm
Sun 22 March
Sat 18 April
Sun 24 May
Sun 28 June
Sun 26 July
Sun 23 August
Sun 27 September
Sun 25 October
Sun 22 November
December to be announced!