Monday, March 29, 2010

Canberra Brown Owls 18 April - Yo Yo Magic!

Yoyos

On Sunday April 18 we'll be learning how to make yo yos! These little things of beauty and fun are perfect for appliqueing on your skirt, making quilts, making hairbands, necklaces ... anything! I have been making lots of them lately, and they are so addictive!

We'll be using the Clover Yo Yo Makers. You can often pick these up at Spotlight, but I'm also going to do an order over here to save on postage. Just let me know which Clover Yo Yo Maker you would like by noon Tuesday 6 April, and I'll order it for you and you can pay me at our meeting. You can order more than one if you like (I know I will!). If we all pick something different, we can hopefully have a really good play at Brown Owls. Just bring along your fabric, needles and scissors. We will provide you with strong hand quilting thread to make your yo yos with.

Brown Owls meets from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm at Downer Community Centre. Bring along $6 for room hire, a small plate of something for afternoon tea (optional!) and your money for your yo yo maker (I'll let you know how much beforehand).

As always, please RSVP below to make the lives of your prefects easier when it comes to setting up tables and chairs.

Our meeting dates for 2010 are:

April 18 - Sunday
May 29 - Saturday
June 19 - Saturday
July 25 - Sunday
August 22 - Sunday
September 19 - Sunday
October 24 - Sunday
November 21 - Sunday
December 12 - Saturday

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I be tacky and say "yo I'm in"...maybe not. Anyhoo count me in for April and I'll have a large and xl round yo yo please - I will probably make a quilt and cushion - do you think they're the right sizes?

Michelle said...

I'll be there. Can I get a round pack please (with the four diff round sizes)

Thanks

Michelle

Joanne said...

I can't wait to learn how to make them! Can I get the same round pack (with the four different sizes) as Michelle please. Thanks,

Joanne M

cristy said...

Bother again. I'll be in Mexico. Have heaps of fun!

cass said...

Hi
could I get the large flower shape (I'm guessing larger is easier - if not i'll get the small flower shape)
Thanks!
Cass
ps - I was at Downer's 50th birthday on the weekend. It was so wierd to see the shops crowded with people, and also photos of Lady di and the Queen mother in downer.

Jo said...

Would it be ok if I came? I haven't been to one of these meets before. I would love to learn the yo yo's. If so, can I please order a large round pack? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there! And just a single large round for me, please.

Michelle said...

Anonymous - who are you so I know how to email you with the final cost?

Anonymous said...

Excellent I can't wait. I would love to order a round 4 pack please. See you all soon! Sandra A.

ps: Michelle how much fabric do the little critters take to make?

Bron said...

hooray - yes, count me in =)
No kit for me thanks =)
xo
Bron S

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm in. Could you please order me a Round Pack (all four). If it's easier to transfer you the money just let me know.:)

Thank you so much for organising this!

Can't wait! See you on Sunday!!!

Ange

Melissa said...

Hi. I'm away walking Wilson's Prom with kids...good...but sorry to miss yo yos. See you in May hopefully. cheers.

MTB Girl said...

I really want to make this meeting, but don't know if I can yet as I may be away for work. I'll say "no" for now and may turn up with my own craft if the days work out in my favour, I'll let you know.

Thanks
Amanda T

Heather said...

Would love to make some pretties for my girl. Could you order me a small butterfly and a small flower, please. See you there!

Michelle said...

Okay everyone - thanks for your orders! Orders are now closed, but if you still want some try Spotlight or Addicted to Fabric (I saw some at Addicted on Tuesday).

Mandor said...

I'll see you all there!
Amanda P.

Dainey D said...

Hi Guys!
Sorry I can't make it this time either!!! Im so sad. Maybe next time.
Daina

Kathy said...

Hi, I will be there, and am really looking forward to my first Brown Owl meeting!

Mands said...

'm a no show once again :( Have fun girls

twitchy fingers said...

Better late than never! I'm in!