Sunday, September 5, 2010

Adelaide: Crochet Pot-Holders


We will be making the above crocheted pot holder at the next meet. These really do come in handy, are great for a beginner and are quick to whip-up.

When: Wed 8th September
Time: 7-9:30pm
Where: Box Factory - Adelaide Community Centre, 59 Regent St South Adelaide
Cost: $2 donation to the Box Factory


What to bring: 
  • 1 ball of 8 ply cotton yarn (but wool or acrylic will do)
  • 1 crochet hook size 4.0 
** If you want to crochet stripes bring other coloured yarns in the same ply.


See you there!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in please! Diana

sarah said...

hopefully i'll be there! i've just started trying to crochet so this would be very helpful for me at the moment!

Anonymous said...

i will be there and so will julie so long as its not to wet ty leonie

Deb M. said...

Should be there. I really need to practice crochet ... See ya then.

Anonymous said...

I will be there.I've just sucseeded to make some flower motiefs!I will keep working on it this Wednesday but anyway, thank you so much for teaching me:)
Chieko

Catherine said...

Sorry for the late notice but i can't get a babysitter so i won't be there. I really wanted to learn crochet too :( Cat M

Mel said...

My wife has recently gotten herself into knitting and crocheting and since then, she has formed herself a group of Adelaide moms who are also into this kind of craft. I think it is a good form of socializing since our three kids are a handful during the day. What is also good is that she began making some knitted sweaters for the kids, which saves us a lot of money for newer winter clothing. She also started to sell some online, even to those living in the outskirts of our area.