Friday, March 9, 2012

Brown Owls Melbourne 3000 - March gathering report


Lovely lovely to see you all. Didnt we have a lovely time. At Melb 3000 gathering this Tuesday just gone.

Books were much enjoyed - I'd thought I'd give you a run down and share some titles:

Lee bought along - A Stitch in Time vol 1 & 2, Jane Waller & Susan Crawford
Jennie bought along - Crochet, Modern Vintage, by Panda (it was advertised in Frankie recently, i spotted it there, but it was super to see it in real life, there is an AMAZING little top in there - I want it!)
Kimmy bought along - Vintage Knitting, Claire Montgomerie (currently available for $5, yes $5! in the cheap bookshop on Collins Street near the junction with Swanston - quick! while theres still some left)
Me, I bought along - Urban Knits and Knitted Icons (including how-to knit your own Gandhi!), but I forgot to write the authors down and now I've lent them to people - doh!
Linda bought along - Surrur, Make your own Marimekko, Mari Saiso & Kati Rapia as well as Made in France, Agnes Delage-Calvet & Friends
Jenny bought along - some knitting and cross stitch patterns
Gina bought along - the classic that we all love, Pip's first book 'Meet me at Mikes'
Anna and Paula and Sarah were there too - i think they liked the books too.

Super books ladies - thanks, it was lovely to share.

And rabbit action..... Lee wore crocheted ears that were super cute, Kimmy wins the prize for being most industrious as she made a whole rabbit in one session, very gorgeous felt bunny of practical pinny cushion application and Chloe made the top of a rabbits head - super! A bunny for the bun(ny) thats in her oven! Hoorah!

No meet in April, but see you in May! unless, from Paula's pleas (she has a scarf to finish and goes overseas super soon), I get myself into gear and find us a suitable alternative city venue for an impromptu April gathering - will let you know if this transpires.

See you sooooooooon

Sue x

2 comments:

Chloe said...

I'm going to add my voice to Paula's pleas for a April gathering as the one in May is a little too close to the arrival of the bun(ny)in my oven!

Chloe said...

I'm going to add my voice to Paula's pleas for a April gathering as the one in May is a little too close to the arrival of the bun(ny)in my oven!