Saturday, April 6, 2013

Brown Owls Melbourne 3000 - May meet up DATE CHANGE



Well, who'd have thought it.
Yes, we all thought it was over, but we just don't want it to be.....

Given no one has put their hand up to co-ordinate the Melbourne 3000 CBD Brown Owls group, after I hung up my hook at the end of last year, I thought I'd just have to organise a little gathering for all those that are missing some Melb 3000 action.

I would still love it if someone would like to co-ordinate the group on a regular basis (please let me know if you'd like to generously put your hand up to do so), but until that occurs I may occasionally organise an adhoc catch up. And, hence, I am happy to announce we shall meet in May - yes indeed hooray!

When: Thursday 16th May Thursday 23rd May, 6.30-9pm
Where: Madame Brussels (in the Parlour room, up the rear), Level 3, 59-63 Bourke Street, Melb 3000
What: BYO crafty catch up for old and new Brown Owlers alike
$$$$: there is no fee to attend but you may like to purchase a beverage or/and a tasty snack from the fabulous Mme Brussels tasty offerings, by way of saying thank you for letting us use this space
Why: because we love it
RSVP: Please RSVP with your name eg. Sue L, in the comments below, so I know to expect you.

It's a laid back, easy going, friendly group which welcomes old faces as well as new ones, dont worry if you've never been before and are feeling a bit nervous - just DO IT! If you want to read about my first Brown Owls experience you can have a look here.

There is no theme at this May session, just bring some hand held craft activity to work on. I will bring crochet, so will Shannon probably, others may bring knitting, stitching, cutting and sticking, those kinds of things.

See you in a few weeks!

Sue x

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I'll be there with some crochet for sure!! Yay! Thanks Sue, really looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue! Count in another two; HannahT and AnnabelleT

Crafting Health Sue said...

Hi Shannon, Hannah T and Annabelle T - really sorry, but I've had to change the date of the May meet up, its been changed to the 16th May - hope you can still make it! Sorry for any inconvenience. sue x

Mrs Juzzie Green said...

hi Sue, I would love to come, can I bring my newborn?

Crafting Health Sue said...

Hi Mrs Juzzie Green
Our Brown Owls Melb 3000 is Madame Brussels, which is a bar, but we have a lovely parlour room out the back, which generally is just for our use.
I've checked in with the wonderful Miss Pearls of Mme Brussels and she thinks it would be lovely thing to bring your newborn along, I agree!
sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I'd love to come.
Nicola L.

Anonymous said...

Hi sue,

Hannah and I could not make it on Thursday night as Hannah is unwell. I'm sorry I couldn't let you know sooner.
We will definitely look out for any future meetups :-).
-Anna and Hannah.