Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Canberra :: wood & fabric brooches

Hey Canberra Owls!
 
Our next meeting is fast approaching - 27 April - and I'm so excited about what we've got planned this month: Angie from Canberra Creatives has agreed to come and show us how to make some really ace accessories!
 
I'll hand you over to Angie now - don't forget to check at the end of the post for all the important details!
 
****
Hello Brown Owlers! 

My name is Angie and I'm the Shop Girl for Shop Creative at Canberra Creatives.  (http://www.canberracreatives.com.au/shop/)  

I'm so excited to have been asked by Bron to come and share with you the joy of making wood and fabric brooches, just like these:


A kit costs $7 and for that you will get your choice of a wooden embellishment (hot air balloon, sewing machine or camera), a piece of fabric, a brooch back and adhesive.  

You don't need to bring a thing, but if you have some fabric that you would like to use then bring it along.  

If you have a favourite pair of sharp scissors or a craft knife bring that as well - there will be a limited number provided on the day.

To ensure everyone gets the brooch that they would like if you could please specify what type you'd like (hot air balloon, sewing machine or camera) when you RSVP that would be great.

(Additional kits can be purchased, just let Bron know when you RSVP how many you would like and what type!)

I will have other craft supplies available for purchase on the day as well (things like washi tape, scrapbook supplies and other wooden embellishments) - you can check out the store (http://www.canberracreatives.com.au/shop/) in advance to see if there's anything in particular you might like me to bring.  Just email me at shop@canberracreatives.com.au so I can arrange it.

I can't wait to share this quick and easy craft with you all and see the magic that you make!

See you there!
 
****
 
Hooray - I can't wait!!
 
Here are the important things to remember
 
The meeting will be held on Saturday 27th April  at the Downer Community Centre at 2pm

Please bring $5 for room hire, and something to share for arvo tea if you would like!

Don't forget to RSVP in the comments with which kit you would like, and bring $7 to pay for your kit
 
Of course, if brooches are not your thing we'd still love to have you along - please bring what ever crafty piece you have on the go, and join us for a cuppa and a chat.
 
Please let us know if you have any questions!  

11 comments:

Bron said...

I'll be there! I'd love a balloon kit please x
Bron S

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Sewing machine kit please. :) ~Coral

Vilet said...

Hi sorry cannot make it again this month but hope to next month. Sounds like so much fun. Sandra

Michelle said...

Sorry I can't make it that day but could I please order a kit anyway? I'd love a balloon one thanks! I will pay Prefect Bron beforehand.

Thanks
Michelle

Anonymous said...

The planets have aligned and I am free next Sat! Count me in and I would love a balloon kit.
Danielle

Jule said...

Hi
Can i come along (haven't been before) and have a balloon kit?
Julie

Mikaela said...

I'll be there! No kits for me though, I'll just be popping in to say hello and to take a few photos =)

Nicole said...

Hi. Like Julie, I haven't been before and would love to come and meet some new crafty peeps. I'd like a sewing machine kit ( tho don't really mind). Nicole

PretaPawte said...

I can't see the pictures

Unknown said...

@PretaPawte - I can't fix the image in this post but you can see them all here: http://gnomeangel.com/tutorial-how-to-make-a-fabric-wood-brooch/

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry I can't make it. Hope to catch you next time. Have fun. Nicole B