Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Canberra Brown Owls 18 June - Jewelry Workshop

Beads

(Photo by Goldlens)

Hi Canberra Owls!

Our next meeting is on Saturday 18 June from 2 - 4 pm at the Downer Community Centre. This month, Brown Owl Simone will be running a jewelry workshop!

This is something new that we haven't run before, so thanks to Simone for offering to share her skills.

Here's what you need to bring:

  • $3 which will cover you for 1m of tiger wire plus access to joiners etc. Simone has some clasps and shepherds hooks etc that I can provide.
  • Any beads or other interesting things you'd like to incorporate into your creating. Now's the time to be creative! 
  • Wire cutters or pliers if you have them. Simone has one set, but you can pick these items up pretty cheaply (under $10) from Lincraft and Spotlight.
  • And extra $5 for the hall hire
  • And a small plate of afternoon tea to share if you want to! Coffee and tea will be provided 
Please RSVP if you want to attend. This makes it easier for Simone to know how many supplies to bring, and for the prefects to know how many chairs and tables to put out.


Green can Necklace

(Photo by Pipalatest)

Hope to see you there!

xx
Michelle, Bron, George, Naomi and Simone!



10 comments:

Bianca said...

Miracle of miracles I think I can actually make it! Just wondering though if it is OK for me to just observe the jewellery making while I do some knitting?

Michelle said...

Yes of course - I should have said that in the post.

Michelle

twitchy fingers said...

I'll be there and I would love to do a spot of jewelry making!

Bron said...

hooray - i'm absolutely there! =)
And I can't wait to make some jewellery!
x bron

Carolyn McPherson said...

I'm in and would love to do some beading!!

Thanks, Carolyn

nettie said...

I'm coming too, but I'll be doing my knitting and admiring the creative jewellers1

Anonymous said...

I'll be there and am keen on jewelry too! Ive got a set of pliers I'll bring.

anonymous george

cristy said...

Gen and I will be there and would like to do the jewelry making please. Apologies for not making it last month, I was on my way out the door when a sick bub fell asleep on my lap.

Michelle said...

And it's a yes to attending from Jackie (she couldn't reply to the blog post so I'm doing it for her).

Jo said...

Sorry I won't make this month but hope you all have a lovely time.

Jo