Saturday, June 18, 2011

Knitting at Brisbane Brown Owls!

Brisbane Owls: It's time to RSVP for our next meet up! 

CHANGE TO ORIGINAL MEET UP FROM MACRAME TO KNITTING! We'll be re-visiting macramé soon! Stay tuned!



Date: Saturday 25 June 2011

Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm

Venue: New Farm Library Meeting Room, 135 Sydney Street, New Farm


Craft-along Project: Macramé Owl Brooches

This is one not to be missed! Sarah Rossiter will be leading the Brisbane Brown Owls this month with cute little macramé owl brooches! All you need to bring is a ball of twine to make your little macramé owl, you can go for unbleached twine, white twine or you can pre-dye your twine ready for the day. Twine can be purchased at Spotlight or your local supermarket for about $5.50. 



Little twigs for the owls to stand on, beady eyes and brooch pins will all be provided. 

**NEW** CRAFT-ALONG PROJECT: KNITTING
 Sam and Rebecca will be dusting off the knitting needles to teach you the basics of casting on, knit, purl and casting off. Bring your knitting needles and yarn or if you don't have any we will have a little stash available to use on the day. For the avid knitters out there we'd love to see what you're working on too!

Please leave a comment to let us know if you will be taking part in the project.

OR BYO craft to work on.

Tea and coffee provided. Feel free to show off your baking skills by bringing a plate for morning tea :)

Please RSVP by leaving a comment on this post by this Thursday 23 June or email brisbanebrownowls@gmail.com. 

13 comments:

Domesblissity said...

Oh, I'd love to come. This will be my first meeting. Looking forward to meeting everyone and making a little brown owl brooch.

Anne @ Domesblissity

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh bummer, I can't make it to this one. Pity, those owls are so cute.

SconnieAndJam said...

I'm THERE!!!!!

myfreakycat said...

These are so cute. Count me in.

kittyhugo said...

I will be there!!! I am putting it in my diary now so i dont forget!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with bells on!!

Tracy Leiper said...

I'll be there again and I'd love to try macrame again

Unknown said...

So hoping to make it ... I have to take young one to a birthday party later ... will try squeeze in a trip to Brown Owls first ... :)

Embers said...

It's already in my diary. Can't wait to come to my first Brown Owl meeting :)

Clare said...

I'm sad to say that I'm not going to make it. Have fun!

whizzbangle said...

Will have to miss this one - my husband is brewing beer for a competition. Its battle of the hobbies!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to come too please. This would be my first meeting. I don't know anything about knitting (I know my Mum has tried to teach me at least twice, but I can't remember anything) but I'm keen to learn.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

*facepalm* I must have been half asleep when I posted that. I forgot that my time machine is in the shop this week.