Tuesday, June 7, 2011

St George and Sutherland Brown Owls


A little reminder that we are meeting next

Tuesday night the 14th of June at the Oatley Hotel
in The Lounge Room - Just behind the Clock and Oyster counter!

8 Oatley Avenue, Oatley NSW 2223

New craftsters welcome!

We'll be there from 7pm - 10pm

Come along and craft it up with a current project or you can make some covered buttons and hair clips if you want ($1 for each button/clip). If you have some super scraps you want to turn into buttons/clips bring them along or you can use some of my selection!

ALSO I am working on the calendar for the next 6 months if you have any venue ideas for the next meetings let me know on the night or suggest in the comments below!

See you there - Thouraya

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could make it!

I've been trying to think of some venues, but not much luck.
I like Oatley hotel, it's relaxed and people can buy food or not, no pressure.
I don't much care for Edmonds and Greer - I've had bad service there and don't love the food.
Is there a hall we could go to each month even if it cost a few dollars each?

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

Jess H and I were thinking Buzzbar in Mortdale? Couches, and it's open until 11PM every night! There's food, coffee, etc...

A Life So Peachy said...

I was thinking buzz bar at mortdale might be ok for night meetings- it's open til late & has a communal table or lounges.

Hopefully I'll make it next week *fingers crossed*

Jess

A Life So Peachy said...

Snap!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!

amelieandatticus said...

Great idea...will bring along the dates tonight and then post this week!

Peta said...

I am sorry but I can't make it tonight. Very sad as I enjoy Brown Owls.

I did think of two possible venues, Boyles Hotel at Sutherland and The Jack of Harts and Jude cafe at Engadine.

Boyles Hotel as been recently renovated and has a biggish bistro area. I haven’t tried the food yet though. http://www.boylessutherlandhotel.com.au/index.htm

The Jack of Harts and Jude is a new cafe in Engadine. It looks just like a cafe that you imagine Pip of Meet me at mikes would open. Lots of vintage and crafty elements, like knitted tea cozies, granny square blankets etc. The food is homemade, often organic and made fresh everyday on the premises. No web page, but they are on FB. Address is Shop 6 Waratah Arcade The Old Princes Highway, Engadine. It is worth making a trip to Engadine just to go to this cafe.

Engadine and Sutherland may be too far for some to travel to, but both locations are within walking distance of a train station and have car parking close by.