Monday, June 20, 2011

Footscray Brown Owls June Meeting




Well it was just the two of us but we still had a most enjoyable time chatting, sipping, crotcheting perusing patterns and planning............

Born to Knit is a campaign being run by save the children fund. It intends to donate 15,000 knitted blankets for disadvantaged children overseas who need blankets for warmth. Footscray Brown Owls have decided to join forces to knit squares for a blanket.

If your Brown Owl group is interested in joining the campaign you can check it out how here.
So come on all you brown owls lets see how many blankets we can contribute to the campaign. Theres something nice about the thought that something woolly created here in Australia will keep a child in need warm and comforted. :)

8 comments:

Aimee said...

Great idea!

pippav70 said...

So sorry I couldn't make it. I would love to come to the next Footscray Brown Owls. I am a crochet chick, and would love to come along and see your stuff. I live in Altona Meadows. Pippa xx

Helenbeee said...

Hi Aimee you were sorely missed :)

Janet and I didnt set the July date as she is booking tickets for a visit to QLD so thought we would wait to see what dates she ended up with first and what dates you were available.

Hi Pippa
We would love you to come along sometime. A crotcheter is very handy and most welcome :)
The July date is not set yet so if you have any preference please put forward.

Let me know available dates soon!

lynne said...

Sorry I missed it!
Hope to make it to the next one.

meetmeatmikes said...

If you build it they will come along... they will!! Let me know what I can do to help publicize the Footscray meetings! xxx

bec said...

I'd like to come to a meeting, i'll check back here for dates, or you can email me, cheers!

Helenbeee said...

Thanks for the support Pip!

Bec keep eye open will posting this week sometime next meeting date....

Anonymous said...

hi there, i'd love to come along to a Footscray meeting, im interested in learning to crochet & can only knit basic stitch, would love to meet fellow cratfers. I live in Tarneit, Thanks Monica