Saturday, April 10, 2010

Brisbane Owls: RSVP for Crochet!

Brisbane Owls: It's time to RSVP for our next meet up!

Date: Sunday 18 April

Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm

Venue: Recreation Room in Building 7 of Roma Street Parklands Apartments, Parkland Blvd, Brisbane. The Rec Room is on the ground floor of building 7. Building 7 is the end apartment block furthest away from the City.

Craft-along Project: Crochet

Sam will be leading the Crochet Project this month with washcloths, perfect for beginners before we move on to the more challenging granny squares and beanies in the coming months.

Bring a new size 4.5/old size 7 crochet hook and some 8ply crochet cotton (Lincraft usually has a good supply of this for cheap) or yarn of choice, just make sure it's washable so you can suds it up and enjoy the end result! We will have a limited supply of crochet hooks and yarn available too.

Please leave a comment to let us know if you will be taking part in the project.

OR BYO craft to work on.

Tea and coffee provided. Feel free to show off your baking skills by bringing a plate for morning tea :)

Please RSVP by leaving a comment on this post by this Thursday 15 April or email brisbanebrownowls@gmail.com.

See you then!

24 comments:

Tamara | One Craftee Mumma said...

I will be there with bells on. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

wimcee said...

All going well I will be there too - I have been struggling to master crochet for weeks and weeks, so great timing...I need your help!

Bel said...

Hi Girls

unfortunately I am working till 1pm so cant make this one. Hope you all have fun!

Bel x

Melanie said...

I'll be there, but i'll be bringing my own craft.

Helen said...

GREAT! Count me in.

Neroli said...

I'll be there ready to revive some crochet skills.. thanks!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'll be there, but BYO-ing! Looking forward to it!

moose and bird said...

I'll be there. Can't wait, byo-ing this time. Market day is looming! Melinda xo

erin xo said...

I'll be there - looking forward to the project!

Cheers
Erin

Debbs said...

I will be there, can't wait!!!

Vicki said...

I won't be there girls, it's my son's 2nd birthday, I don't think any excuse will cover that. Have a blast and I'll see you next month, Vicki Brown

K-J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm coming, and learning how to crochet, fun!

K-J said...

I originally said I would come, but just double checked and I have a 1st birthday to go to, so Im afraid I wont be there...

Teneale said...

I'll be there. I'm an absolute beginner so hope I don't fail this... :o

Unknown said...

Yes, I'll be there & doing crochet.

Melanie said...

bugger, i said i could come along but it seems i have a massive assignment due next week so i shall be spending the weekend in the computer lab at uni. Have a great time, hopefully I can come along in the mid-year break.

Sarah said...

I'll be there but will probably BYO craft.

emharm said...

I'm coming on Sunday. Probably bring my own craft.

Abbey said...

I will be there!!
maybe this time i will get it :p
Bring on the crochet!!

Julia { a creature strange } said...

I'll be there...although probably not crocheting...since I just can't get the knack of it. See you all then!

edward and lilly said...

Great! Looking forward to seeing you all then!!

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to be there but I will be heading up the coast today as we are doing an Engagement shoot for a couple plus check out the venues for there Wedding... This is one I really didnt want to miss...Sam you will have to teach me another time hehehehe xoxo

emharm said...

Sorry am not going to make today. Have fun crocheting!