Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year : Brown Owls Blog Update




Hi guys!

Happy New Year!!!

I'm going to give the blog a bit of a refresh in the coming weeks. Let me know if there are any glaring problems, contact changes or updates I should include.  I'm going to update all of the bits and pieces.

Further, I'm going to remove the existing chapter contacts list and you can update details directly with me via email. There are lots of old contacts in there, so it would be good to start afresh!

To update an existing chapter (or just confirm it's still running!)

Email me with your chapter details (which suburb or city you are in and who your contact people are) Also let me know if you have a Facebook group that's current so I can add that to our contact list.

If you are reading this and want to start your own Brown Owls chapter you can! Here is how:

Make sure there isn't a chapter in your suburb/close vicinity already
Find a low cost or free venue
Find at least one other person to join your gang
Email me to let me know who you are, where you'll be running your meetings and when
Vow to be inclusive and welcome crafters of all skill levels and ages
Vow to charge as little as possible for your meetings, just to cover venue and/or materials costs - Brown Owls is not a money-making venture
I'll then invite you to be a member of this blog - and you can post your meetings here!
You can also start your own group Facebook group to chat further

You don't have to be an expert to start a group. You just need to want to hang out with other crafty people and craft along in good company. This is about skill sharing and being social! (But you can organise to have experts visit your group, or run special sessions where you all work on a particular craft together!)

Thanks gang. Chat soon!  (Be sure to give me a prod if I don't reply to your email, too. My email = inbox of death!)

x Pip






No comments: