photos: boostjuicebars.com & mimiyaya on etsy
Announcing our next gathering ~ Tuesday 6th September ~ RASPBERRY RIPPLE night!
Yes... as some of the participants from our gathering earlier this month may well have heard me talk of... we're going for a themed night next gathering - a broad theme, that everyone can interpret however they so wish. I can offer a couple of possible interpretations of our Raspberry Ripple theme:
1. Crochet Ripple'ing
- I shall bring a pattern, or maybe I may even do a worksheet - yes I shall. It would be great if a couple of participants, who may already know the delights of rippling can raise a hand and volunteer to be called 'teach' for the night, otherwise we'll just muddle along, giving it a good ol' rippling go. If you're new to crochet I'm sure there will be someone who will be able to start you off in the right direction - for crochet supplies I would suggest bringing along a 4.5 or 5mm crochet hook and some 8 ply (or double ply - they're the same thing) wool, in colour of your choice, though if you're going all out raspberry ripple stylee then go for something raspberrylike.
2. Raspberry coloured
- craft project of your choice, in a raspberry inspired colour. Here's some suggestions of colours that might be considered of a raspberry hue - raspberry, blush, red, pinky, pinkish / redish, berry, cerise, ruby.
- BYO project of any kind / any colour - bring something that is not in a shade of raspberry and you can just blow raspberry's at opportune moments during the evening
- Madame Brussels do nice cup cakes - there is definitely one with pink icing, maybe it is raspberry flavoured, so you could eat one of those
Here are the details:
Tuesday 6th September 2011
6.30 - 9pm
The Parlour, Madame Brussels, level 3, 59-63 Bourke St, Melbourne 3000
your crochet gear (4.5 or 5mm hook & wool, see above) if you are wanting to join the crochet ripple crew, BYO craft project of a raspberry hue (if you so wish)
no fee for attendance but you may like to purchase a drink or a delight from the Madame Brussels menu, by way of a thankyou for room usage
RSVP: in the comments section below please
- indicating your name eg. Sue H or Raspberry R
I do have a few other ideas for themed nights, so will unleash them as time goes by, but do let me know if you have any thoughts / suggestions / ideas / pleas / wants / hidden desires.
Will be lovely to see you
Dont forget to RSVP in the comments below, with your name ~ and hands up anyone who would like to be a 'teach' for the night, there can never be too many 'teach's' so go for it with the hands up.
ps. I have also scheduled all gatherings for the rest of the year. Due to availability at Madame Brussels they are all tuesdays (apologies to those that like the circulating days of the week) - Tues 4th October, Tues 8th November, Tues 6th December. I've added these to the Brown Owls calendar which you'll find in the column over there--------->--->-->->->->>>>