Monday, February 7, 2011

Brisbane: Come along to our Meet & Greet!


(Greenie Owl by Jetta's Nest)

Brisbane Brown Owls will be kicking off the new year with a meet and greet!

Date: Sunday 20 February 2011

Time: 10.30am - 12.30pm

Venue: We'll be meeting at Roma Street Parklands, in front of the lake. There's free parking at the Parklands or catch a bus or train to Roma Street and exit at the rear of the station.
 
What to bring: BYO something crafty, something to show off or just bring yourself for a chit chat. A picnic blanket or chair is also a good idea and please feel free to blow us all away with your fabulous baking skills by bringing along a plate of goodies for morning tea :)
 
Please note that tea and coffee will not be available at the parklands but there are 2 great cafes where you can grab a takeaway.

The finer details: Please send your RSVP to brisbanebrownowls@gmail.com by Friday 18 February or leave a comment on this post. 
 
If you've already expressed interest in Brown Owls or you're already a member from last year an email will be sent out shortly with all the 2011 membership details.

See you there and remember, new members and friends are welcome just let us know who's coming :)
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to come!

Sarah said...

I'll be there. Cheers!

Laura said...

Would love to come, but unfortunately I have two little ones and my partner works Sundays. Are you guys ever likely to meet up on weekdays/nights?

Laura said...

*I mean that unfortunately, I can't come, not unfortunately, I have children. Whoops! :)

nathd5 said...

Unfortunately I'm overseas at this point, but is there any sort of contact list or facebook group for the next meet n greet?

Unknown said...

Hi Laura, we'll mostly be doing Saturday meet ups this year and will also do a few week night ones too so stay tuned.

nathd5, I'll email you the details or you can email brisbanebrownowls@gmail.com to be added to the mailing list.

Sarah said...

I will be there. Thanks.

Jacqui said...

Hi, I've just moved back to bris and would love to come along on Sunday. I went to a few brown owls meet ups in Melbourne a couple of years ago & it was great :-) hope to see u there :-)