Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Canberra - August BYO crafternoon!

Hi Canberra Owls!

Our August meeting is scheduled for this Sunday, August 22 (eeek already!) at 1:30pm. This month we'll be having a BYO crafternoon!
Bring along whatever you'd like to work on - maybe something you've started at another meeting and not quite finished up, or something you think might be fun for us all to try at a future meeting!



We'll be happy to help out if anyone wants a hand with knitting, crochet or simple embroidery - or if there's something else we've tried before that you'd like some help with then just let us know in the comments and we'll try to come prepared!



Besides your craft of choice, and any show & tell you'd like to share, please bring along $6 for room hire and a plate of crafternoon tea to share, if you'd like!
Please RSVP below to let us know if you're coming!

While we're speaking of Canberra Brown Owls meetings, thanks to two of our lovely owls we are hoping to try our hands at Gocco printing at a future meeting (possibly 19 September). As this requires a little more planning than other crafts we've tried, it would be excellent if you could have a think about whether you'd be interested in having a go - we'd like to get numbers as soon as possible so we can order the bits and pieces we need in advance.

Hold Hands And Buy Handmade - Printed Paper Bags
lovely Gocco image from Meet Me at Mikes flickr photostream


Kits for anyone wanting to make their own Gocco prints would be about $15 - this would cover the costs of bulbs and one screen each (which is enough to print one design on either fabric or paper) From one inked screen you get about 4-5 decent post-card sized prints.

If you'd like to know more about Gocco there is plenty of info around on the internet - including a nice overview here, and you can check out some of the prints Jo and Michelle made on Michelle's blog.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the weekend!

xo
Naomi, Bron, Michelle and Georgie

12 comments:

Bron said...

yes! I'll be there! Bron S

Michelle said...

Sounds lovely. I'll be there

Michelle said...

I'll be in Melbourne - but I'll be with Curlypops and Tinniegirl so that will be almost as good as a Brown Owls meet!! Sorry I'll miss you all.

I'm very interested in the Gocco one - count me in for a kit!

Michelle L.

cristy said...

I'll be there.

Joanne said...

I'll be there if I can manage to ward off this flu thats threatening.... hope to see you all then. Joanne M

Mandor said...

Hi guys,
I have been called in to work again this Sunday. Nooooo! I am rather interested in the Gocco printing... Shall confirm whether or not I have that weekend soon...
Have a ball,
Amanda.

Melissa said...

I'll be there. I've missed a couple of meets so am looking forward to catching up. Probably bring knitting.

Michelle said...

I am bringing a friend if that is okay

Bron said...

hi michelle - yes, of course - we love friends! =)

Kathy said...

Hi, I'll be there, probably with some knitting...

MTB Girl said...

I'm hoping to make it this afternoon - got a lot of house prepping to do first :)

Amanda

Heather said...

really doubt i'll be there today and very sad to be missing out. Will hopefully make september's. Have fun today!