Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Canberra (Downer) Brown Owls - 21 March


bunny egg cosy, originally uploaded by two hip hippos.

Our next Downer meeting will be 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm Sunday 21 March.

Given that we are so close to Easter, some bunny-making might be in order. How about it? Here are a few ideas. We'll leave you to decide, and bring your own fabric and equipment as well for a fun afternoon of crafting!

Eggwarmers
Bunny!
Chickies!

Gnomes!



Or you can make the bunny egg cosy in the photo up above - you'll need to bring 20 x 20 cm wool or felt or old blankets for the body, some fabric for the inner ears, some fabric for binding, and buttons, floss, scissors, needles and thread! Also Sew Hip Issue 4 if you have it - otherwise we have our copy you can refer to.

Other ideas
http://www.craftzine.com/pub/nl/43
Sewing easter basket (bring a copy of Zakka Crafts if you have it, and make it from felt for easier hand sewing.

As always, please RSVP below to ensure your place at the crafting afternoon! Bring a plate to share for afternoon tea if you like. Looking forward to see you there.

Michelle, Bron, Naomi and Georgie xo

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes

Michelle L

Bron said...

I'll be there - quick like a bunny!
Bron S =)

MTB Girl said...

I'll be on leave, so I'll have to catch up next time. Have fun! I might make some of those Easter things for my nephews (and me!).

Amanda

Michelle said...

I'll be there

Michelle W

Unknown said...

I am SO there & I love that you included a gnome pattern. I feel special! ;)

THANKS!

cristy said...

Oh Boo hiss, I can't make it again! Have a great afternoon!

Dainey D said...

Sorry Guys can't make it this time either :( Maybe next month
Daina

Joanne said...

I'll be there too

Joanne M

Anonymous said...

I will be there. I cant wait! I love the bunnies.
Sandra A

Mandor said...

Shall see you there!
Amanda P :)

cass said...

i am aiming to try to come after a kiddie birthday party...I'm keen to make a quilt panel.

Cass

Melissa said...

I'll be there. Not sure yet what to sew but should be easterish.

Unknown said...

Without entering into any interesting details about wee child with tummy upset, am hoping that she is well enough that I can make it...so that's a maybe yes or maybe no for me.