Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brown Owls Brisbane March Meet

Brisbane Owlets met this morning for a good 3 hour session of stitching, eating and chatting. Our craft-a-long project for the day was embellished totes. Beautiful fabrics emerged from bags, patterns and books covered the table and the whirring of sewing machines filled the air...
... ok, ok, it wasn't all that peaceful especially when Em's chatty machine started competing with the gurgling sound of the air con :)

There was a hand stitching station,



a sewing and pressing area,



floor space for cutting



and lots of tote-a-long patterns and inspiration.



We don't have any totes to show off yet but we will keep you posted on the progress!

A big thank you to the owls who brought along home baked goodies, I think I ate them too quickly to photograph them but there were vegan mini carrot muffins, melting (and I mean melting!!) moments, chocolate slice, super crunchy cookies and dip and crackers.



Note to Brisbane Owls: the date for the next meeting has changed to Sunday 26 April, a post will go up to rsvp in the first week of the month.


Prefects are also looking into a group outing to the Stitches and Craft Show, we'll keep you posted! Suggestions for future meetings are always welcome, just leave a comment with your ideas.


Until the next meet up, Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

Brisbane Owls looks like fun this month. What a great space to work in with so much room and light!

Em said...

ok, my machine is crap I admit...
drooled over an Elna this morning at the store, but didnt think my husband would believe "I just had to have it" hehe
xEm

one yellow jumpsuit. said...

It was a really nice morning. Thankyou guys.
Love Hannah

Jetta's Nest said...

LOL, I wouldn't say your machine's crap Em, it's just got a bit of a noise issue!

I had a great time on Sunday, thanks everyone for being such a lovely, crafty bunch!

edward and lilly said...

Em, it's not crap it just has a semi-lawnmower sound to it, hehe :)

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely way to spend Sunday morning with like minded ladies.

Oh, did I mention the delicious home made yummies?

x Cat

Bec said...

Oh, I'm so bummed I couldn't come to this one. I was busy sweltering at a 4 year old's birthday party :(
Looking forward to the next one though :D