Friday, March 13, 2009

Sydney Brown Owls - April Meeting


[Image from bekahjah's flickr stream.]

Sydney Brown Owls are meeting again on April 1st. We'll be breaking out our hooks and wool this month with crochet basics. Along with our in-house experts, we hope to have Shirley and C's mom join us to help out. There could be a little knitting action too. If you'd like to join in the fun, be sure to bring a basic crochet hook and ball of yarn. As always, you're welcome to bring your own craft to work on.

Please RSVP in the comments, if we'll see you on April 1st at:
Berkelouw Books
Upstairs area
70 Norton St
Leichhardt
Telephone - 61 02 9560 3200

From the city you can take the following bus routes: 436, 437, 438, 440.
Get driving directions.

Wednesday 1st April
7pm until 10pm

Marion has setup on a Google Calendar for us which I'll be inviting you all to join. It includes details on each meeting, as well as local craft shows and sales. If you'd like to add an event to the calendar, you can let the prefects know.

Finally, (long post, I know) Lisa sent out details of our Sydney members' blogs. If you haven't received the mail, please check your spam folder. Some of the girls had a little trouble and we want to make sure everyone's getting the Sydney Brown Owls latest scoop.

Happy Crafting!

22 comments:

Niki_K said...

I'll be there too! Can't wait!

lisa :: the red thread said...

Looking forward to it! Lisa T

Verimaz said...

am thinking of sewing some bells onto an outfit so i can be there with bells on.
Either way i'll be there :)

Amy Badskirt said...

By hook or by crook, Amy G's in!

Singedpossum said...

Count me in too! Amanda P

Bell said...

Am looking forward to catching up with all of the owls again. Bell

lisa :: the red thread said...

Good news for those of us wanted to learn crochet: Corrie and her mum have confirmed that they will be there on the night to instruct us.

Corrie said:
If people want to bring 8 ply wool and a 4mm or 4.5mm hook then they can do granny squares. If they wanted to do a lap granny square blanket then they could bring 4 or 5 colours of 8 ply and about 100g in each colour. This makes a great lap size.

I'll copy directions from a good little teen crochet book I have too. Its easiest to learn how to chain, do a single and double crochet and then crochet in the round straight away and you can do that in a night.

Fab! Thanks Corrie.

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

I'm so sad...I can't make it after all! I have my university graduation in Wagga Wagga. Terrible timing CSU! Terrible! I look forward to seeing everyone's creations and picking their brain at future meetings so that I too can crochet :oD

Crochet fish fillet said...

Im there this time for sure
Jordanna

A Life So Peachy said...

I will be there! YAY!

Jess H

Sarah W Bask said...

I will be there this time..

Sarah x

julliams said...

Hello,
I am not a member (not sure how to do that) but would love to come to the April meet. Any chance I can join? I have been knitting forever and I have done some amigurumi crotchet as well. Is there perhaps a waiting list I can join???

PaperLion said...

I can make it this time - Yay!

Jenny W

Verimaz said...

yay for Corrie, Shirley couldn't make it in the end so all good.

The new lincraft is open in the city if anyone needs last minute supplies of hooks, wool, kits etc.

Degrassi said...

Will definitely be there this time - really looking forward to it!

X Jordan

Catherine said...

ill be there too if there's room for one more!

Corrie said...

It will just be me there on wednesday as my mum has her body corporate AGM and can't miss it. I'm so sorry she can't help out but she kept telling me she thought she had something on 1st April.

we'll be fine though and I promise you'll all be doing granny squares by the time we're done!!!!!

Corrie:)

Anonymous said...

I will be there and thanks for organising.

Bec @ honi design said...

Be there with Bells on!! I can't wait!!

Shelbyville said...

Oh, an inner-west meet - great!! I'll be there with my wool + hook.
- Michelle

Cass said...

Amy (or anyone else) are memberships open again for Sydney members. I remember reading that Pip had closed them for a while and I missed out. Have fun tonight. Corrie we must catch up soon

Verimaz said...

argh stuck at work so doesn't look like i'll be able to make :(

cast one on for me