Saturday, March 19, 2011

Footscray Brown Owls First Meeting






Well its about to happen.........and Im pretty excited to announce the first Brown Owl meeting for Footscray and Western Melbourne Suburbs.

Details below.

Location:: @ Station Hotel 52 Napier St, Footscray.
Day:: Thursday, March 24th
Time:: 7.30pm - 9.30pm

map here

Parking available in the Council carpark across the street you can access it from Lawson Place (see map above).
ADVICE!
Do not park along Hyde St as it is residential parking only after 6pm.


What to bring:: some crafty stuff if you are already working on something then bring it along. If you are new to this then bring a project to get started on you can pop into Pips meetmeatmikes blog for some inspiration or pop into spotlight and check out their kits (always a good place to start).

I have made a list below of some ideas of things to bring with you:
  • journal and pencils/pens/markers
  • wool
  • knitting needles
  • crotchet hook
  • embroidery needles
  • embroidery yarns
  • embroidery cloth
  • embroidery hoop
  • craft magazine and books (with your name on them!)
  • scissors
  • pins
  • yourself!!!!!
The Station Hotel sells tea, coffee, desserts, cheese platters and has a nice wine list. I will try to book a big table for us to sit at.
Because I work till 6.30pm on Thursday I will just get there for 7.30pm so if you want to arrive earlier feel free to do so just ask the friendly bar staff they will show you where we will be sitting.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Cheers Helen :)

8 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi Helen - I don't think I can make it this week but I'd love to come to the next one. Can you please add me to your email list for updates, if there is one: aimee dot said at gmail dot com. Have fun on Thursday!

Helenbeee said...

will do Aimee
we will try to squeeze one in before Easter but if not it will be the first week after Easter. I will email you.

Helen :)

emsveen said...

I'll be there! Looking forward to it.

Diane said...

Looking forward to meeting you all on Thursday! x

Helenbeee said...

glad to see some interest see you on Thursday night looking forward to meeting you :)

Becca said...

I'd love to come but I can't make it.

Have fun

lynne said...

Hi Helen, I'd like to come but can't stay very long tonight. See you at 7.30

Helenbeee said...

Please come anyway would love to see you there!!!!