Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brisbane Brown Owls RSVP Now!

Brisbane Brown Owls RSVP HERE

Date: Sunday 21 June

Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm

Venue: Same as the last meeting. Recreation Room in Building 7 of Roma Street Parklands Apartments, Parkland Blvd, Brisbane. The Rec Room is on the ground floor of building 7. Building 7 is the end apartment block furthest away from the City. There is plenty of parking at the Parklands or if coming by public transport catch the train/bus to Roma Street and take the Parklands exit at the back of the station.

Craft-Along-Project:

Paper crafts


Abbey our resident scrapbook-aholic will be demonstrating scrapbooking techniques and how to use those products you have seen in the stores and no idea what they actually do.
There will be a beginners gift tag making class, teaching a wide range of scrapbooking techniques with all materials and tools provided
(there will be a small nominal fee to cover materials $5)
or bring some of your own paper to try out some of the tools and make your own projects.
Photos of the gift tag class will be up on http://designerlicious.com/blog/ on Saturday....please let us know on the RSVP if you would like to participate in the class so that we can get approximate numbers)

Granny Squares - For those who have missed out and would still like to learn to crochet help will be available. For info about what to bring if you are learning to granny check out this post

Or if this doesn't interest you Bring Your Own craft and craft along with us!

If you need access to a sewing machine please let us know in the comments section.

Tea and coffee provided.

Feel free to show off your baking skills by bringing a plate for morning tea :)

Please RSVP by leaving a comment on this post by Thursday 18 June.

See you then!

STOP PRESS!!! A huge congratulations to Brown Owls prefect Bel who gave birth today to a beautiful little boy Xavier! Well done Bel, wishing you and your family all the best!

27 comments:

Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...

Im there!!! I might try and work on my squares again. still yet to master the granniness inside me.

Unknown said...

I'll be there too! I missed grannies last time and would love to learn, but paper stuff sounds fun too!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

As long as a certain little person doesn't come early, I'll be there!
I'd love to join in Abbey's lesson, actually, I'm really looking forward to picking her brain.

Congratulations to Bel! Very cool name Xavier - that's what we'd picked for if we were having a boy too!

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh welcome Xavier!!! Love to your parents too! xx

helechris said...

I'll be there and I'm keen to do some paper craft! Looking forward to it.

ellie said...

I'll be there (unless I can't find a kid-sitter). Probably keep on with my crochet, or some other craft. Can't wait to see all you lovely friendly women again. Yah!!

Lis said...

I'll be there, in the crochet group!

Congratulations Bel!

Jetta's Nest said...

Wouldn't miss it :)

I'll be crocheting!

Samantha

Nyssa Rae said...

I don't know that I'll make the Meet (This one or any lol) I just don't have anyone to watch the Munchkin. But I'll look forward to pics and stuff :)

Purple Paisley Patch said...

I'll be there and would like to join the tag making group.
Congrats to the new parents, Xavier is a great name, I suggested it to a friend who is pregnant with twin boys.
Look forward to seeing all you Owly gals then! :-)

Katy said...

Count me in, i will give paper crafting a crack and do a bit of Grannying...

amy said...

I'm in for the paper times!

Amy :)

Kim Wallace :: Udessi said...

Yay – this one I will be able to attend! Look forward to meeting everyone and trying those granny squares...

shanelle said...

hi- are new ppl allowed to come along and join? i'm looking to develop my crafty skills... do you just turn up? xxx

Kat said...

I'd love to come to this one! I would also love to learn the Grannies :) Cheers, Kat

Abbey said...

Images for the tag making class are up!

http://designerlicious.com/blog/

I hope you all like them!
:)

See you next Sunday.

Danielle said...

Count me in! Probably Granny-ing - but might give the paper crafts a go too!

emharm said...

I'll be there and I'm up for learning something new. Count me in for the paper crafting.

Julia Toich said...

Unfortunately I can't make this one – I'll be doing a bookbinding workshop that weekend! At least I'll still be doing something papery :) See you all next time!

Jenna said...

I'll be there!

Sandra said...

I'll be there ready to do paper craft with Abbey.
I finished the granny square bag for my daughter and sent it off to her in New York. She loved it - said it was way better than she ever thought it would be!

edward and lilly said...

Great Sandra, you'll have to get her to take a photo of it and email it back so we can all see the finished bag.

Shanelle, if you email Pip she will put you on the waiting list :)

Kate said...

Unfortunately I have family commitments. Count me in for next time though.

Kate :-D

Helen said...

I'll be there but I'll be bringing my own craft along this week.

Bec said...

Hi there, sorry to leave it so late to confirm, but myself and my mum (Glenys - the blogless brown owl) will both be coming, and would both like to do Abbey's papercraft project if there's still room available :)

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

Another late confirmation - sorry! But will be there with granny square in tow and some tops that need embellishments to cover the holes. See you soon.

Kat said...

sorry for the very late apologies - not going to be there today :( husband's family changed visit time to today instead of tomorrow. Sorry! I'll get to one eventually! Kat xx