Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Canberra Brown Owls - Crochet a granny square!

Photo by LidiaLuz



Our next Canberra Brown Owls meeting will be Saturday June 27 from 2 pm to 4.30 pm at Downer Community Centre. We will be learning how to crochet a granny square! Check out Bron's blog post for some more granny inspiration!

So bring along:
* Some 8 ply yarn in various colours that you like! It can be wool or acrylic, but wool (in my opinion) is a lot nicer to work with when you're starting out.
* 5 mm crochet hook, in either metal, wood or bamboo. Plastic can be a bit slippery to use.
* Your friendly smiles!
* Some yummy goodies to share, but only if you want!
* Show and tell from the last Brown Owls!


Take a look at these before you come. We will have a few Brown Owls helping out on the day with the crochet tuition.

Pip has put the instructions up online too - they are over here. Please print these out and bring them along - they will help you!

If you already know how to do a granny square, and want to do something a little different, check out this link for a flower brooch. You might like to try that instead.

Also don't forget to RSVP to this post. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

And for your diaries, our next meets will be:
Sun 26 July - English paper piecing
Sun 23 August
Sun 27 September
Sun 25 October
Sun 22 November
December to be announced!

16 comments:

Dainey D said...

Yay I can't wait
See you there
Daina

Emma said...

I'll be there!

Emma A

Michelle said...

I am so sad that I an going to miss out again, especially as it is crochet! Hope you all have a great time.

Michelle W

Michelle said...

Yes!

Michelle L

twitchy fingers said...

I'm in!

cristy said...

I'll be there. Yay!

JenMeister said...

I'm interested in coming, but I've never attended a brown owls meeting before. I couldn't find any info on becoming a Canberra member... could somebody enlighten me? :) Thanks

Jodie W said...

I will be on holiday so won't be able to make this one. See you all in July. Jodie W

Michelle said...

Jen, I'll email you now.

JustJess said...

Boo, can't make this one either - at Mischief Maker High Tea. Would love to learn this though. Will put all dates in diary so no more clashes! J

Michelle said...

That is where I will be Jess. At least we can miss out together.

Bron said...

Oooooh! I'm VERY EXCITED! (maybe you can tell from my blog!) =)
See you all there =)
xo

Bron S

Unknown said...

I can't believe it - I can't come! Out of town for the weekend...and it's the first BO I can actually do! Enjoy... RB

Georgie said...

I'm there!

Georgie K

cass said...

I'll be there too.
Have wool - still seeking crochet hook.

Joanne said...

I will try to make it for an hour or so before I head off to see Michelle at the Mischief Maker High Tea.