Monday, April 27, 2009

Brisbane Brown Owls do the Granny


Brown Owls flocked together on another sunny day in Brisbane to learn the art of the granny square.


Crochet guru Em bestowed her knowledge and experience on the beginners.


Well, we weren't all beginners...


Thank you Em for being so patient with all of us, especially those who were a little chatty (hehe... me included)


We were all there for each other through the highs and lows.


and in the end we finally pulled through (check out all those squares and that bunny!!!)


Em, you'll be pleased to know that even though I was at the remedial end of the table I have pumped out three granny squares since yesterday! It seems you've created another crochet addict :)

For those who missed the crochet lesson fear not, we now have a very talented group of Brown Owls who can give guidance at the next meeting on 17 May (more details soon!)

9 comments:

Jetta's Nest said...

Good on you Rebecca...3 squares!

Once again, I had a fantastic time. I really do love Brown Owls days :)

Unknown said...

Aw that looks like so much fun! I'd love to join Brown Owls. Maybe next year where there are more free membership spaces.

Kim Wallace :: Udessi said...

Looks like sch a nice way to spend the afternoon!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

It was great fun, both the learning and getting to meet people. Thanks for being a great teacher Em!

Lis said...

I'm glad that it's going to be shown next time too :)

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

Thank you Em for the hands-on tutorage and infinite patience. I can't wait to get back into it. I'd love to try and make a doily. Posted a bit of Brown Owl love here and here. See you next time.

Unknown said...

Well, it was nice to meet some fellow Brissy Owls! And that Brownie was awesome! I got home and finished mine! Yay ... I got a bit carried away and was on my way to that One-Granny-Blanket Bec was talking about! So I undid a bit. Now, let's see if I can do it again ... Thanks Em ...

Em said...

You girls rock, it is great to see so much enthusiasm, and I must say that I am no Guru and I am not that patient! (ask my 2 year old) xx Em

Sandra said...

Granny squares are seriously in right now. I was at Fashion Week in Sydney last week and there was a spectacular dress and bag in granny squares by the label Romance was Born. I didn't see that show but my daughter did and she wants me to make her a similar bag asap! So lucky I had the refresher course. Thanks Em.