Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Calling Brisbane Brown Owls - RSVP here for the next meeting

Calling all Brisbane Brown Owls - RSVP for the next meeting by leaving a comment on this post

Date: Sunday 26 April

Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm

Venue: Same as the last meeting. Recreation Room in Building 7 of Roma Street Parklands Apartments, Parkland Blvd, Brisbane. The Rec Room is on the ground floor of building 7. Building 7 is the end apartment block furthest away from the City. There is plenty of parking at the Parklands or if coming by public transport catch the train/bus to Roma Street and take the Parklands exit at the back of the station.

Craft-Along-Project: Crochet Scarf, or Granny Squares - if you are interested in joining this tutorial, please make clear in your RSVP comment so a separate email can be sent to you with things you will need to bring with you on the day (our teacher is Em)

Or if this doesn't interest you Bring Your Own craft and craft along with us! There will be a sewing machine set up again for those finishing off totes from the last meeting.

Tea and coffee provided.

Feel free to show off your baking skills by bringing a plate for morning tea :)

Please RSVP by leaving a comment on this post by Thursday 23 April.

We look forward to catching up again!

25 comments:

Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...

I'll be there! So looking forward to meeting you all. Oh and I am so up for the crochet-a-long - count me in!!

GG - Miette's mum said...

count me in for crochet please:-)

Kat said...

I would love to come along and be very eager to doa granny square. I have wanted to learn crochet for so long now! See you all there! Kat

Unknown said...

I am so there! And yes please for the crochet along ...

Sarah said...

Yessssss!!! Crochet-a-long me baby :)

helechris said...

Yay! I'm finally free to come to a meeting. Looking forward to learning how to crochet! Helen C

Jetta's Nest said...

Wouldn't miss it :)

Helen said...

I am going to be there, I missed the RSVP for the last couple. I will not miss this one! count me in the for Crochet along as well.

Bel said...

Yep I will be there and can't wait to re-ignite my long lost crocheting skills :)

Bel x

Lexy said...

Hi! my sister Zara and I will be there!

Lexy :)

Bec said...

I'll definitely be there. Really looking forward to this one. LOVE to learn how to crochet granny squares!!!!

emharm said...

Yay, I'll be there. Am up for some crocheting!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'll be there! Am very excited about it, my first Brown Owls meeting. Would love to crochet, as long as Em doesn't mind a total beginner...

Em said...

Hey Girls,
I will be there (hope to as I am the Nana teaching Granny crochet :-)
And it doesnt matter if you havent ever crocheted before, we will all have a great time making some squares together and having a catch-up. I will email you all soon to let you know what supplies you will need to bring! xEm

one yellow jumpsuit. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
one yellow jumpsuit. said...

Hi. I will be coming and would likw to learn crochet too please. From Hannah

one yellow jumpsuit. said...

Sorry about the spelling mistake. I was juggling a nine month old.

Lis said...

I can't make it this time - so I'm hoping someone will show me how to crochet next time!

edward and lilly said...

I'll be granny squaring along too, total beginner and SOOO excited about this one.

Lis, shame you can't make it but I'm sure one of us can give you some crochet tips at the next meeting :)

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

I'm coming! I'd love to crochet too. It's been a looooong time and I'm keen to make a few little crochet square coasters!

melissa gardner said...

oh I am desperately torn on this one! I was reallllly looking forward to this next Brown Owls because I missed the last one and I have always wanted to learn how to crochet...

BUT... It's my boyfriend's birthday party this Saturday night... which will most probably leave me with quite a sore head on Sunday morning... so I think I will have to say no to joining in this time :( So mad because it looks like everyone is going but me... totally going to be at the next one!!!! Just you watch!

Hope you all have a fabulous time! So sorry I can't join in and see you all again :(

xx Mel
www.nushkadolls.com

Jenna said...

Oh I really wish I could, I've always wanted to learn how to crochet! I'm supposed to go sailing all weekend, but if the weather is bad, I'll be there.

Sandra said...

Sorry about very late reply. Am really hoping to be there and will bring crochet stuff for granny squares and my own crochet project if I can make it.

Em said...

No worries Sandra, hope to see you there !

Catherine said...

I won't be able to make it. I am the godmother at my niece's christening.

See you next time - I still want to learn to crochet too. Maybe someone could freshen up my very basic skills at the next meet up??

x Catherine