Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Felt Badges - Melbourne - Last Night!



We had a lovely time last night at Brown Owls! Andrea brought along a cheese platter and I made a cake! Mucho stitching went on and lots of chatting too! For those of you who wanted to know - the cake was based on this one. But I added lime juice, lime rind and cherries instead of lemon and raspberries. I would recommend DOUBLING this recipe for a 9" tin as it was rather a low cake (although light!) - or alternatively use a smaller tin like a 6" or 7"! Next week we'll be stitching along and doing BYO craft. Details here tomorrow.

xx Pip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a ball! Wish I could have made it - hopefully next week!

Anonymous said...

It always good to try something different/new - although I'm itching to get back to some "nana" squares as my bestie calls them.
I think it's great we have a little home now aswell.
Thanks for your super organisation as always Pip - and the delish cake! Yum. Hopefully see you next week.
Cheers
Shannon

Joanna said...

Thanks for the super yummy cake, Pip!!!