Thursday, May 14, 2009

Canberra Brown Owls - Next Meeting 23 May

The next Canberra Brown Owls meet is Saturday 23rd May and this month we're all about the pincushion.

We've emailed members a selection of some of the millions of tutes on the net - including the wonderful Kootoyoo's hand-sewn pincushion tute in the sidebar over there...

Photo from kootooyoo

You'll need your own fabric or felt, and some needles and ribbons or notions. You'd be best off choosing something hand sewn, although we'll have a sewing machine there for some basic seams. We'll also have an iron and ironing board.

The meeting is on Saturday 23rd May - 2 pm to 4.30 pm, at the Downer Community Centre (enter from Frencham St, Downer). To cover the cost of the hall, we are asking for a $6 contribution.

As with last month, here's what to do:
  • Comment on the blog post to let us know you are coming
  • Bring a plate of teatime goodies to share if you would like to
  • Bring your supplies for stitching
  • Bring change for your tea and coffee
  • Bring your brooch from last month for show and tell!
Your kids are welcome of course! Bring some stuff for them to do, though. There is plenty of space for their crafting or activities, and a little area for running around outside.

The June meeting will be Saturday 27th June. After that we will back to Sunday meets.

Can't wait to see you!

Screech (Naomi D)

17 comments:

Bron said...

Hooray Screech! Sounds ace =)
I'll be there for sure!!
Kuk-hoo (Bron S)

Market Girl said...

Hey Ladies, feel free to pop into Handmade on your way there. We start at 10am so plenty of time before your 2pm start! Just a thought :)

Michelle said...

Hope I don't muck up your RSVP count, although Market Girl did beat me too it. I can't make this one as I have a stall at Handmade Market that day.

Michelle W

Emma said...

I'm a yes!

Emma A

cristy said...

I will be away again! Boo hop. I really really want to make myself a pin chusion too. Bother.

Have fun. I'll definitely be there next month.

Michelle said...

I'll be there with wings on!

Michelle L.

Heather said...

Will be there!!! Can't wait

Lea said...

YES! I will be here and wouldn't miss it for anything

JustJess said...

Boo, can't make it. Fingers crossed for the next one!

Dainey D said...

I'll be there : )

Jodie said...

Hi. I'll be there as well. This is my first meeting and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. :-) Jodie W

Unknown said...

Coumt me in...hoo hoo

Unknown said...

sorry for the typo...shouldn't type one handed while feeding baby!

Mands said...

I'm a yes too for this one, (along with 2 mini owls)

Georgie said...

I'm there too-hoo!

Anoofi said...

Hey lovely ladies, So sad, can't make this one. Family down with a bug! But hope to see you all next time. Touch wood.
Fiona

Joanne said...

Sorry for the late reply- I've had no internet connection for a week- I won't be there tomorrow- my best friend just had twins so I'll be with her tomorrow afternoon. Hope you all have a lovely time.