Friday, August 14, 2009

Canberra Brown Owls - 23 August

Freezing? Well come along to the next Canberra Brown Owls meet on Sunday 23 August, where we'll be tackling freezer paper stencils!


Charger



You'll need to bring:

  • a photocopy/printout of a design you want to stencil,
  • something you want to stencil on to (t-shirt, tea towel, fabric),
  • a pencil for tracing the design on to the freezer paper,
  • an exacto or paper cutting knife, and
  • a plastic lid or some kind of paint palette
  • $6 for the room hire.

For the princely sum of $3 we can provide you with a 50cm length of freezer paper, and access to fabric medium, paint (black, white, red, blue and yellow) and brushes. If you're a quilter you may already have access to your own freezer paper, or you can bring your own paints. You can buy a piece of freezer paper for $1, or some fabric medium (turns regular paint into fabric paint) for $1. Let me know if the comments if you want a the 'package' or just freezer paper.

Here are some great places to start looking for a stencil or for a bit of information about the process. Best to try something simple to start with.

http://painting.about.com/od/freestencils/tp/free-stencils.htm
http://www.kittybuttons.com/stencils/categories/nature/index.html
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/04/make_tshirt_stencils_from.html http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=140.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154651.0

Look forward to seeing you there - Sunday 23 August at 2.00 at the Downer Community Centre. Leave your RSVP or any questions in the comments.

Screech (Naomi)

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll be there!

A kit sounds great too. Thanks.

Michelle L xoxi

Bron said...

hoorah - i'm in!
I'd love "The Package" too =)

cass said...

I'm in.

and I would like the full kit.

ps - also Michelle if you have leftover quilting kits I could grab another one.

Cass

Ruth said...

Excellent, I will be there, but have the stuff, so won't require a kit. cheers

Michelle said...

All the kits from last month are now accounted for. Sorry Cass.

JenMeister said...

I'll be there!

I'd like the full kit too, please. (And I'll pick up the other kit if it's still aside for me.)

Thanks :) See you on Sunday!

Michelle said...

I will be there. (May be a little late as we are going to Sydney for Stitches and Craft, and coming back that day)

Can I have a full kit please.

Mands said...

I will be there with the two mini owlettes in tow. I woudl love to the kit please. Michelle - I'm also happy to buy a kit from last month as well.
I have also seen a great tutorial using craft paper punches with freezer paper, so I will find that and bring it and bring the punches that I have (I think my exacto knife skills could be dangerous!)
Mands x

Mands said...

http://allbuttonedup.typepad.com/all_buttoned_up/2008/10/sometimes-im-too-lazy-for-even-an-x-acto-knife.html - that is the link to usign punches for the stencilling :)

Dainey D said...

I'm in!
I would love a kit too
: )
Daina

Joanne said...

I'll be there- although possibly a little late too as I'll be coming back from Stitches and Craft. Could I have a full kit please.

cristy said...

I'll be there for sure. Could I please have a full kit too?

Bec said...

I'll be there and would love a full kit - thanks screech!!

Georgie said...

I'm so sad I can't amke it this month :(

Have a fabulous time! Cant wait to see the crafty outputs.

Ruth Kelly said...

Have to send my apology after all - can't make it today. Have fun!