You'll need to bring:
- a photocopy/printout of a design you want to stencil,
- something you want to stencil on to (t-shirt, tea towel, fabric),
- a pencil for tracing the design on to the freezer paper,
- an exacto or paper cutting knife, and
- a plastic lid or some kind of paint palette
- $6 for the room hire.
For the princely sum of $3 we can provide you with a 50cm length of freezer paper, and access to fabric medium, paint (black, white, red, blue and yellow) and brushes. If you're a quilter you may already have access to your own freezer paper, or you can bring your own paints. You can buy a piece of freezer paper for $1, or some fabric medium (turns regular paint into fabric paint) for $1. Let me know if the comments if you want a the 'package' or just freezer paper.
Here are some great places to start looking for a stencil or for a bit of information about the process. Best to try something simple to start with.
Look forward to seeing you there - Sunday 23 August at 2.00 at the Downer Community Centre. Leave your RSVP or any questions in the comments.